[opencms-dev] Modules for OpenCms 6 in CVS ?

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Feb 16 10:35:51 CET 2005

IIRC the direcorty "modules" is a leftover from the 4.x version. CVS keeps
directories even if all files have been removed.

All modules from opencms.org are either GPL or LGPL, there's no "trial"
version for these modules. Some companies (including ours) have developed
modules not available as open source, but these where never on opencms.org.

The current modules are located in the webapp\WEB-INF\packages\modules
folder, mainly because they can then be directly imported with the setup
wizard.

Actually, we are in the process of re-organizing the modules on opencms.org
for the upcoming beta 1 release of 6.0. The structure should be much cleaner
in the future, and we hope to resolve the "to many directory levels" issue
that surfaced in Windows installations.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior