[opencms-dev] links to internal resources

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu Feb 17 14:57:18 CET 2005

It's the resource_id that does not change, but you probably meant that
anyway.

To shed some more light on the id's:

One "file" in OpenCms 6.0 does have 3 Id's:

1. One "content id". This is the binary data stored in one external table.

2. One "resource id". This is the data that describes the resource, and this
includes all file "attributes" like e.g. date last modified, user last
modified etc.

3. One or more "structure id's". Each structure id describes a mapping from
one path of the "file tree" to the resource. If there's more then one
mapping, we say that there are several "siblings" that point to the same
resource.

Certain features like e.g. the properties can be either mapped to the
resource _OR_ the strcuture id, resulting in "individual" or "shared"
properties.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior