[opencms-dev] Opencms 5: Questions about perfomance and workflow

ian snead wickedfey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 21:34:13 CET 2005

Hello Jose,

We have been doing some performance testing recently, using Jakarta JMeter,
and have been pleased with OpenCMS v5 results. We havent upgraded to v6 yet.

Our site is configured to be completely dynamic, i.e. every page request results
in the full content generation from the database. You can get much
better results
using caching and static exports.

In JMeter, we had two computers throwing threads at OpenCMS / Tomcat, with
2 - 200 and 50 threads respectively. You could start to see a
slow-down at around
60...from min .01 - max  4 seconds response to min 2 to max 8 seconds. Pretty
reasonable for a fully generated page, IMHO.

Lets just say, if you have 250 concurrent users, you will want to optimize for
performance...!

JMeter is pretty easy to figure out, I'd say download it and give it a whirl, no
matter what content management system you go with.

Part Deux) What do you mean by workflow?

Cheers!

Ian Snead
Applications Analyst
Georgia State Department of Audits and Account, IT Division

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:30:14 +0100, jose.mato at ieuskadi.com