AW: [opencms-dev] source code editor is opening very, very sllowin internet explorer

Kai Schliemann k.schliemann at comundus.com
Mon Feb 21 17:38:36 CET 2005

Hello list,

we had the same problem last week. We traced it down and came to the
following result:

-It is Windows-OS independent meaning it doesn't matter if you use W2k or
Win XP

-and MS-Browser independent. It neither worked in IE 5.5 nor in 6.

-When opening the source code editor (no matter if opencms 5 or 6 - (in 6
the LEdit OCX editor) the browser connects to codecs.microsoft.com. Somehow
the connecting to this site was not possible last week. The funny thing was,
if we unplugged the network cable, the editor opened at once. So the
connecting to this site is/was never necessary.

We guess, that microsoft restructured their website and for a certain time
this site wasn't reachable.

Furthermore we found a site which kind of describes the problem we all had.
Read more on:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B323207

Hope this helped.

Kai