[opencms-dev] missing flex.jsp.repository directory setting in 6.0

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Feb 23 23:52:20 CET 2005

Martin

That configuration option is now located in the file opencms-vfs.xml. There
is a set of parameters you can pass to the CmsJspLoader, which handles the
JSP generation.

In opencms-vfs.xml locate the line:

<loader class="org.opencms.loader.CmsJspLoader" />

And replace it with something like this:

<loader class="org.opencms.loader.CmsJspLoader">
	<param
name="jsp.repository">/ust/local/tomcat/webapps/opencms/</param>
	<param name="jsp.folder">/WEB-INF/jsp/</param>
</loader>

The default for the "jsp.repository" (in Tomcat) is the web application
folder of OpenCms. The default for hte jsp.folder (inside the application
folder) is "/WEB-INF/jsp/". The folder where the JSPs are stored in the end
is jsp.repository + jsp.folder. So you also could initialize on of them with
the empty String and just give the full path where you want the JSPs written
with the other one.

That init process is done in class
org.opencms.loader.CmsJspLoader#initConfiguration() [starts line 284].

Can you please mail me if you have success installing OpenCms 6.0 with BEA,
and if so what kind of configuration tweaks where required?

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts