[opencms-dev] Hosting OpenCMS5 and OpenCMS6 parallel

Weide Chen gmail8000-opencms at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 14:05:40 CET 2005

OpenCms5 uses the older version of xerces file (I
think it is xerces-1_4_4.jar), while OpenCms6 uses the
latest version.  Unfortunately, you cannot run both
side by side within the same server.  However, you can
set up the 2 in the same server, but restricted to
using either opencms5 or opencms6 at a single time.
You need to remove the xerces-1_4_4.jar file from the
"lib" folder if you are going to use opencms6.

I am writing this based on my experience running oc5
and oc6 side by side on Tomcat5.

By the way, you also need to map the servlet mapping
of "opencms" differently for either version, so that
they do not clash.

Regards,
Weide