Yes!! Solved: Re: [opencms-dev] Trouble installing on Windows: Problem connecting to MySQL DBMS.

Ken Bowen kbowen at als.com
Thu Feb 24 21:58:53 CET 2005

Error:  My dog ate my database!  :-)    I forgot that I had
rebooted my machine and hadn't restarted MySQL.
Once I restarted MySQL, using the latest JDBC connector made it work.
openCMS is now busily importing the workplace.

openCMS was using:
      mysql-connector-java-3.0.7-stable-bin.jar

I replaced it with the one I've been using:
      mysql-connector-java-3.0.16-ga-bin.jar  ]

It might be worth getting some remarks about this into the install
documentation.

Thanks Thomas,
Ken Bowen