[opencms-dev] Installing in ROOT fails but works when normal

Cherif multxt at free.fr
Sat Feb 26 23:28:20 CET 2005

hi Daniel,

a month ago, i had exactly the same problem and never found the answer. I
even send a post, never got any help, so i gave up, i mean i put this method
aside.

It seems that you have to create AN ADMINISTRATOR account  IN
tomcat-user.xml, please have a look, i didn't try it.

To do the samething, i used :

 HowTo: Get rid of the /opencms/opencms-prefix without installing OpenCms as
ROOT-Webapp

 this is a post but from Sebastian Himberger, i am really sorry i don't
remember the date (10 Jan. 2005 somthing like that) or try to find it by
author . It works for me, You will have to do some minor adjustement, but it
works. If you finally opt for this solution and need help, just post.

have a nice time