[opencms-dev] XML encoding in output

Ronald Lips ronald.lips at atobemobile.com
Mon Feb 28 14:07:56 CET 2005

Hi,

Using OpenCms 6 alpha 3, I have created a page that contains the
following hyperlink:
target="_self">Ok</a></p>

As my pages are processed by a transformer engine, my output needs to be
XHTML compliant. This means that my hyperlink really needs be:
target="_self">Ok</a></p>

Please note the encoding of the ampersand character in the URL parameter
list. However, no matter what I do, OpenCms always stores the hyperlink
without the ampersand encoding (it converts it automatically to the
first URL). This renders content that is invalid XML (the transforming
engine 'thinks' that &bruto2 represents a character entity. Is there a
way to prevent that translation from "&amp" to "&" by OpenCms, making my
page XHTML compliant?

Thanks
Ronald

AtoBe Mobile Solutions