[opencms-dev] HTTP Status 404 - /opencms/setup

Kevin Hyde KevinH at mckenzieseeds.com
Tue Mar 1 17:37:48 CET 2005

I had a problem like this too, but I've been working with 6b1 on several platforms, so my memory's a little fuzzy.  I think it was on a Debian("sarge") installation, which would have had tomcat4 installed(via apt-get).  I know that I had to install tomcat5(manually! ..not via apt-get) and then I was able to proceed with the 6b1 installation.

Since you're having the problem with tomcat5, and I was having the problem with tomcat4, it would seem the issue is one of tomcat's configuration, rather than compatibility.

Hope this helps.
Kevin Hyde.