AW: [opencms-dev] openCms 5 - properties vanish on thewayfromofflineto online project

Andras Balogh andras at reea.net
Wed Mar 2 12:38:10 CET 2005

Hello,

    I have allready proposed a fix for this to Your previous email:
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2005q1/015268.html
This will fix this behavior but not from the code but in the database so
it is not
so good as eventualy finding the source of the problem right in the code
but it works
and if You don't create new properties (hopefully you will not need any
new ones after a time;))
the system will work Ok for long time.
    About the quality of OpenCms  5 i can say we have used it a lot in
production
and it works great, IMHO best open source CMS avail. for now and with
OC6 is even better.
    Also You mentioned you are unable to reproduce on your dev. machine
what is happening on your server.
You shouls stop the server and "hard" copy (i.e. manual) the opencms
webapp and the mysql DB from your
server to the dev. machine than you should have an exact replica.

Hope it helps a little bit.

Best regards,
Andras Balogh.
http://www.reea.net