[opencms-dev] How to use error message template

Farnaz Fotrousi f_fotrousi at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 6 06:16:24 CET 2005

Hi,
I would like to customize a system error message to a message with template.
For instance, when a user with wrong password logins, a system error message is displayed but I would like to change this error to a message with template.
So I added
<TEMPLATE name="loginfailed">
<![CDATA[
]]><ERRORPAGE title="error.title.loginfailed" message="error.message.loginfailed" reason="error.reason.loginfailed" suggestion="error.suggestion.none" ref="index.html" /><![CDATA[
]]>
</TEMPLATE>
to /system/login/index
and also in getContent method of cmsLoginNew.java I set templateSelector="loginfailed";
But when I login unsuccessfully, I can not get 'login failed message'.
Would you please help me what is wrong with me? Which changes are needed for handling a system error to show a predefined error message?
Regards,
Farnaz.