[opencms-dev] OC6 and MS-SQL integration driver problem

Andras Balogh andras at reea.net
Tue Mar 8 17:15:15 CET 2005

Hello,

    We have started working on MS-SQL integration for OC6.
The jdbc driver we have chosen was the one that comes from Microsoft but
with this one we encounter this problem:
java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for
JDBC]ResultSet can not re-read row data for column 3.
8037:    ( 1 / 347 ) Publishing file
/demopages/_configuration/configuration_common ...
org.opencms.db.CmsSqlException: [org.opencms.db.mssql.CmsVfsDriver]
where:
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsVfsDriver.createFile(CmsVfsDriver.java:163),
why: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][SQLServer 2000 Driver for
JDBC]ResultSet can not re-read row data for column 3.query:
com.microsoft.jdbc.base.BasePreparedStatement at 1302ed5
8036:    ------ Publishing files ...
This error is described here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824106
It seems that the Microsoft JDBC driver expects to read only once and in
correct order the values from a ResultSet
but i think this is inconvenient for OpenCMS.
So i would like to ask your opinion (who is interested in MS-SQL
integration or have some knowledege in it) which driver You
think is best to use?
I would go with the jTDS driver: http://jtds.sourceforge.net/
Any other free jdbc driver that You tested in a production environment
and works well?

Let me know your opinion.

Best regards,
Andras.