[opencms-dev] Struts integration as module

Sverker Abrahamsson sverker at abrahamsson.com
Tue Mar 8 23:22:24 CET 2005

I am currently looking into integrating support for Struts into OpenCMS with the following requirements:
  a.. A struts action mapping should be created like any other new resource in the Explorer view. All parameters, as well as forwards should be set from the dialog.
  b.. Forms, global forwards etc should be edited from the Administration view.
  c.. Management of the Action classes themselves are not part of the scope, they are either installed as jar files in WEB-INF/lib or loaded as module.
  d.. Compatibility with the traditional way of configuring struts in web.xml and struts-config.xml.
I have more or less figured out how to integrate with Struts, with a loader and file type class in OpenCMS. However, today I read a posting on the mailing list (OpenCMS 6.0 : Is it possible to add a new(xml-)contenttype only by importing a module) with the answer that yes, it is possible and that templateone is a such example.

Now my question is, would it be possible to do the same for Struts? I think it would be better to package it as a module than to integrate it to the core. However, when I look at templateone demo, I can't figure it out. What should I look for?

Best regards
Sverker