[opencms-dev] virtual hosting

Andras Balogh andras at reea.net
Wed Mar 9 09:40:11 CET 2005

Hello,

    This is just a partial answer but I hope it will help you a little bit.
The OpenCMS version 6(currently beta) was designed in such way to
support multiple sites (i.e. multiple virtual hosts).
So you shoud definetly go with the OC6 version.
    I have not tried this feature but it doesn't seem to be very hard to
configure so i suggest you to install OC6 and try to play with
the settings in opencms-system.xml:
<sites>
            <workplace-server>http://localhost:8080</workplace-server>
            <default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri>
            <site server="http://localhost:8080" uri="/sites/default/"/>
</sites>

Best regards,
Andras