[opencms-dev] template creation

Hughes, Anton Anton.Hughes at freedomair.co.nz
Fri Mar 11 00:27:57 CET 2005

Greetings
I'm working my way through the documenation on templates.
I'm trying exercise 1.
Quote:
Exercise: Create a page that uses this template (called "Alkacon
documentation howto simple template") and edit the content of the page
in the editor. Have a look at the page preview. Then try to modify the
template's HTML. ***Perhaps create a new template with a different
layout***.

It says 'perhaps create a new template'. How do I do that?
I've tried copying and pasting an exixting template into the same
directory but with a different name but it didnt show up in the drop
down list of templates.
I've also tried creating a JSP but couldn't get that to show up as a
template either.
I can see that the existing templates are part of modules so I tried to
create a new module to put the templates in there but that didnt work -
but I dont really know anything about modules - one step at a time...

thanks
Anton
error please notify Freedom Air immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Freedom Air.