[opencms-dev] Adding a property with value set as default to pages

Frans Postma fpostma at xs4all.nl
Mon Mar 14 21:11:53 CET 2005

Hi,

I've discovered that opencms by default hardcodes all cms-paths to absolute upon saving a file and exiting the editor for it. That
is not what I want so I need to set allowRelativeLinks as a page-property. Easy enough to do, however I want to have that set to
true for ALL pages generated.

I tried adding it to the template I use, but that doesn't have much effect. The property-NAME is now in those pages but the value
is undefined (i.e. value is not inherited from template).

I can modify CmsNewResourceXmlPage.java to suit my means, by simple adding an extra property upon creating of a page, but I would
prefer NOT to modify core-code for something simple like this.

Any ideas how to accomplish this without editing java files for every propery change needed?
(is there ANY way to have pages inherit property values from *somewhere* ??)

Greetings,

Frans