[opencms-dev] How? /cgi-bin/ and OpenCMS ROOT installation?

Daniel Rhoden drhoden at iiwinc.com
Wed Mar 16 00:08:19 CET 2005

I have OpenCMS 6 beta 1 running as the ROOT application and resolving
like so:
http://www.mysite.com/
or
http://www.mysite.com/system/login/

My question is this:

Now that I have implemented all the fun stuff in the "Integrating
OpenCms, Tomcat and the Apache webserver with mod_proxy", how do provide
access to my scripts, particurlaty AWstats?

Essentially, I need to be able to do this:

http://www.mysite.com/cgi-bin/awstats/awstats.pl

After the changes, here is what my httpd.conf file looks like for this
particular configuration:

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xx.xxx:80>
<Directory /home/admin/mysite.com/html>
Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
</Directory>
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/awstats /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats
Alias /awstats /var/www/html/awstats
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/awstats /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats
Alias /awstats /var/www/html/awstats
ServerName mysite.com
DocumentRoot /opt/tomcat5/webapps/ROOT/
SuexecUserGroup admin admin
ServerAlias "www.mysite.com" "ftp.mysite.com" "mail.mysite.com"
ServerAdmin "admin at mysite.com"
ScriptAlias "/cgi-bin/" "/home/admin/mysite.com/cgi-bin/"
CustomLog "/home/admin/aruba-guide.info/access_log" "combined"
ErrorLog "/home/admin/aruba-guide.info/error_log"

# Log only non-redirect requests in "normal" log file
SetEnvIf Request_URI "\/opencms\/*" redirect
CustomLog logs/aruba-guide-access.log common env=!redirect

ProxyPass               /opencms/          !
RedirectPermanent      /opencms/           http://www.aruba-guide.info/

ProxyPass              /resources/         !
ProxyPass              /export/            !

ProxyPass             /                    http://127.0.0.1:8081/opencms/
ProxyPassReverse      /                    http://127.0.0.1:8081/opencms/

</VirtualHost>

Could I simply add the following line to make this work:
ProxyPass              /cgi-bin/           !

Thanks