[opencms-dev] Accessing XML content from scriptlet (was:How to show a gallery file title?)

Alessandro Magnolo alessandro.magnolo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:29:38 CET 2005

I found a partial workaround for the issue in my previous posting (attached).
If I had the file name of the gallery file, I could get its title
using property() in a scriptlet.
Now the question is: how do I access the XML content from scriptlet?
And how do I loop on items that have multiple occurences?

Fow those who are new to OpenCms like me, here is the java code to get
a property from a file:
<%
org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspActionElement cms = new
org.opencms.jsp.CmsJspActionElement(pageContext, request, response);
String fileName="/xmlcontent/widgetdemo/downloads/download.txt";
String title = cms.property("Title", fileName);
%>

As you see, in my case I should read the file name from the XML
document, as I do with <cms:contentshow /> using tags.

Thanks to all willing to cooperate,
Alessandro Magnolo