[opencms-dev] opencms6 beta1 : installation problem

Yavor Trapkov yavor.trapkov at wipo.int
Thu Mar 17 14:30:39 CET 2005

Hello Frans,

thank you for the idea, I've tried however to clean everything old,
tables, folders, tomcat cache ..
but it's just the same, the errors occure in the beginning of the log
file, could it be something specific with the version of tomcat we have
: 5.0.28?  Does anyone successfully installed opencms6 beta1 with RHEL 3
and tomcat 5.0.28
-------------
10:	Starting Workplace import and database setup for OpenCms!
9:
8:	Workplace temporary file project does not yet exist!
7:	Workplace init: Unable to read locales folder
'/system/workplace/locales/', locales disabled!
6:	Workplace init: Unable to read editor folder
'/system/workplace/editors/', editors disabled!
5:	Workplace init: Unable to read views folder
'/system/workplace/views/', no views available!
4:	Job execution threads will use class loader of thread: OpenCms:
Setup workplace import
3:
2:	OpenCms property file:
/usr/local/tomcat5/webapps/ocms6b1/WEB-INF/config/opencms.properties
1:	OpenCms WEB-INF path:
/usr/local/tomcat5/webapps/ocms6b1/WEB-INF/
-------------

regards
Yavor Trapkov

>>> fpostma at xs4all.nl 03/16/05 07:35PM >>>
As far as I know those errors are to be expected since initially the
database IS empty. It will be populated around line 1200 or
so. Try looking for a file named setup.log it has all the logging of
the setup procedure (which doesn't fit in the outbox).

If you see a CmsConfigurationException or something like it in the
logfile you probably have an old/incorrect-filled database
causing trouble. Try removing $TOMCAT_ROOT/webapps/opencms AND remove
the opencms.war if it's still in the webapps dir (you should
unpack it and then remove it, don't leave it around under webapps!).
Next drop the 'opencms' database from mysql yourself, to be
sure.

Steps:
1. stop tomcat, ensure it has stopped (ps -ef|grep java)
2. rm -rf $TOMCAT_ROOT/webapps/opencms
$TOMCAT_ROOT/webapps/opencms.war
3. unpack the war to webapps, which should create a directory
webapps/opencms.
4. stop/start mysql if you can (to be sure)
5. start tomcat
6. try setup again

I had the same problem when the first install failed, tried it again
without cleaning like above and it pretended to succeed only
to result in 30% of the workplace being installed.

Frans