[opencms-dev] 6 beta1: lucene search - inherit user rights from page for download gallery resources

Kai Schliemann k.schliemann at comundus.com
Tue Mar 22 12:32:34 CET 2005

Hi list,

one of our customer has the following problem:

He uses OpenCMS for his intranet. He has personalized (no read access for
"Guests") areas.

In this area there are html-pages which include downloadable documents like
PDFs, DOCs (which are in different download galleries)...

The download galleries are not personalized.

By now the lucene search (of course) finds all pages/documents which are not
personalized. Even the ones which are included in personalized pages.

I know that this is intended and that I have to set the proper right on each
document or folder in the gallery section to get what I want.

But this is pretty much work to do. I have to set the same user rights for
my html-page and for the included document.

The idea now is to let lucene look at a page and its included documents and
let the documents inherit the user rights from the page it is included in.
The result would be that only downloadable documents are indexed by lucene
which are included in a page. Therefore, if a page is personalized the
included document will be too.

Is it possible to tell lucene to behave like that?

Has anybody already done this or an idea how to do it?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

i.A. Kai Schliemann
IT-Consultant
comundus IT-Beratung GmbH
Schüttelgrabenring 3, 71332 Waiblingen

Tel:    +49 (0) 71 51-5 00 28-0   Fax: -99

www.comundus.com    www.comundus-e-quality.com