[opencms-dev] Setup Wizard error

Brice Ruth bdruth at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 18:26:23 CET 2005

Good morning,

I'm trying to get OpenCms up and running on WinXP, JDK 1.4.2, Tomcat
5.0.28. I have tried numerous things and yet after agreeing to the
license, I always get the following error:

The OpenCms setup wizard has not been started correctly!
Please click here to restart the wizard.

After experiencing this for a while, I tried getting OpenCms up and
running on my OS X 10.3.8 system. The installer proceeded through the
setup steps ... however, when all was done, loading the index.jsp at
http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/index.jsp results in only a
blank page. No errors on the console, that I can see. What can I do to
increase the logging?

A related question ... when going through the setup wizard and
selecting an SQL-92 compatible database (I haven't tried this yet) -
the only option provided for db/table creation is to create both the
database and the creation. Yet, with many database systems, the
database instance needs to be created beforehand (MaxDB by MySQL, for
instance). Will the setup wizard handle this gracefully?

Thanks, I appreciate any feedback!

Best,
Brice Ruth