[opencms-dev] OpenCms 6.0b1 and Websphere 5.1

BenoƮt Dautun bdautun at itras.com
Tue Mar 29 15:12:36 CEST 2005

Hello,

Just to say OpenCms seems to work well in this beta version with
Websphere 5.1 and Oracle 9i.
After the creation of the application from the .war, you must modify the
application by selecting:
.Classloader Mode: PARENT_LAST;
.Classloader Policy: Application.
Then, before starting the application, you have to remove the OpenCms
library commons-logging-1.0.4.jar (logging will function well).
You can now start the application and setting up OpenCms.
It works fine with no modules except administration ones and the setup
is OK on IE but not on Firefox (problem of popups?).
I have'nt succeed the complete installation (too many errors between my
bad knowledge of Websphere, problem of libraries and use of firefox).
But I've used template demo (XML content) in edition and publication by
importing the modules after installation.
Works fine and a revolution from the version 5.0, thanks a lot.
For a production site, I don't need the modules like demos and docs,
doing development on a (good) tomcat with full installation and
export/import module.