[opencms-dev] Setting Browser Cache directives

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed Mar 30 09:05:53 CEST 2005

Marcus,

> Why do you have the <%@ page session="false" %> JSP directive
> in all of the demopages?

This has nothing to do with OpenCms. It's to prevent the generation of a
session, since (at last in our use case we developed the templateone for)
the site is just a "public web site", and so the user does not really
require a session.

In case you require a session in your project (e.g. becouse of user logon,
personalized pages etc.) it's better to set remove the "session=false" from
all templates, since AFAIK it may leaad to issues in case you mix
non-session and session JSP in one application.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior
Alkacon Software - The OpenCms Experts