[opencms-dev] extension points

BRAGA Bruno Gonçalves bruno.braga at globalvalue.com.br
Fri Apr 1 15:27:20 CEST 2005

I already sent emails for contributions at opencms.org, but it seems not to be
functioning.

My question:

I'm developing a project that extends the OpenCMS in some points.

For example:

I'm creating one module, that at a certain moment it executes the Editor
(org.opencms.workplace.editors) with particularitity different.

So that this is possible, I need to extends the
org.opencms.workplace.editors.CmsXmlContentEditor for example.

But it has a problem: it possess many methods and attributes private.

This and other class could not have methods protected instead of private?

This goes to allow to create module with extension points for the OpenCMS.

Clearly that I can modify the source of the OpenCMS alone for me and
substitute private for protected, but this goes to become mine modules
incompatible with each version of the OpenCMS.

I can contribute of some form with this suggestion, or same modifying some
part of the code for OpenCMS project?

Bruno Braga