[opencms-dev] Resource id - how to specify?

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Sat Apr 2 09:41:24 CEST 2005

>   I've already asked this question before without answers.
>
>   How could I specify the resource id for a new resource type
> I'm going to create to avoid conflict with another resources types???

You should look into the config files opencms-vfs.xml and opencm-modules.xml

Locate the lines where a resource type is configured, which look like this:

<type class="org.opencms.file.types.CmsResourceTypeXmlContent"
name="article" id="12">

Make sure your id's are not conflicting with any of the id's existing in the
files. Same goes for the name of the type. The name is more important then
the id, since when writing an OpenCms export it's only the name that is
written. So you can easily re-configure the id's on different servers, but
the name is likley to stay the same.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior