AW: [opencms-dev] News-Module for OpenCMS 6??

Manfred Schenk manfred.schenk at zerobyte.de
Sat Apr 2 15:58:03 CEST 2005

Am Samstag, den 02.04.2005, 14:46 +0200 schrieb Ulrich Rueth:

[SNIP]

> you seem to be the first where the article management module mentioned by
> Jorge "fucks up" your OpenCms installation. As I am the main author of this
> module, I am always interested in things like that. So, if you be so kind
> and describe step-by-step what you did that the installation of the article
> management module "fucked up" your OpenCms installation. Please strictly
> follow the installation instructions on
> http://www.rueth.info/articlemanagement-documentation/opencms6/index.html
> before posting anything to the list.

Hi Ulrich,
just one comment to your module (unfortunetaly I cannot use it for my
own pages since I have some very special requirements that don't fit
with a general purpose module like yours, so I'm developing my own
modules):

In your FAQ section ( on
http://www.rueth.info/articlemanagement-documentation/opencms6/article_0005.html )

you write how a user of your module has to edit the
webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/config/opencms-workplace.xml and the
webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/config/opencms-vfs.xml file to have the icons in
the workspace.

As I found out by looking on the opencms-sourcecode and looking in the
demo-pages: These ressourcetype definitions can be done by the module
itself, so that a user doesn't have to do such 'dirty' work.

Alex confirmed this fact in a reply to my question on this list.
So this could be an action point for the next version of your module.

( see the following mails for further information on this topic:
*
OpenCMS 6.0 : Is it possible to add a new (xml-)contenttype only by
importing a module

*
[opencms-dev] OCMS6.0alpha3: create new ressourcetypes for xmlcontent -
common practice or howto?

*

[opencms-dev] Hint: Upgrading
modules containing ressourcetype
definitions from 6.0beta1 to current
CVS version

*
RE: [opencms-dev] OpenCms 6.0 beta 2 released / Upgrading from beta 1

)

ciao,
Manfred

--
| Manfred Schenk              | born between RFC638 and RFC640
| PGP-Keys unter              |