[opencms-dev] random error during static export of about 3000 files

Christian Schmidt christian.schmidt at questico.de
Wed Apr 6 16:46:10 CEST 2005

Hi Developers,

we're using OpenCms 5.3.6 with Oracle and Tomcat 5 (0.25). We're using
the static export to completely write all pages into the filesystem and
then rsync the pages to the live servers.

Today we reached an amount of pages to be written of about 3000 and from
today on we get random errors during the static export (everything was
still fine yesterday when we had about 2800 pages).

When the static export reaches the end (at about page 2500, sometimes
later, sometimes earlier) it produces 404 for the remaining files, no
matter if the files have set the 'export' property to false or true.
Everytime its different pages that doesnt get exported and all those
pages can be viewed perfectly fine through the offline-project (and
didn't get changed since yesterday and always exported fine).

Does anybody have an idea where to tune as it seems to be some
memory-or-whatever-configuration problem? At least I cant see any
systematic error...

This subject is rather important as we cant update the site anymore (and
it got updated at least once a day :(

Any help is highly appreciated!
Thanx in advance!

Christian Schmidt