[opencms-dev] Property "Text InNavigation" or "NavText" is not supporting double byte

Santhosh Nair santhosh.nair at opensi.net
Sat Apr 9 13:03:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am doing a bilingual (in English & Vietnamese) site using OpenCMS V6 B1
and MySQL ver 4.1.10 as the database.

The content placed inside the editor works fine.  But when I key in the
NavText for "Text in Navigation" the system is not accepting the Vietnamese
characters. It is displaying '??' wherever special characters are typed in.

Any reason?  Any special settings?

We tried converting to Unicode and enter characters in the "\u " format. It
still doesn't work.

We checked the MySQL table. The field in the table is set to UTF-8. But the
data we entered is not stored properly.

Any one, any thoughts - suggestions?

Regards,
Santhosh Nair