[opencms-dev] can i incorporate jakarta struts in OpenCMS

Erik-Jan Spaans E.J.Spaans at inter.NL.net
Tue Apr 12 07:57:26 CEST 2005

Yes, you can. I take the following approach:

Create a base module (like com.<yourcompany>.struts.base) that contains the
struts.jar and all config files (struts-config.xml, validator*.xml).

Now create a module for your specific application, containing the jsp's, the
ActionForms and the Actions and the struts config file. This module depends
on the base module.

Include the struts jsp in your vfs files using the cms tags. Now you use the
vfs page names in your struts configuration. From there it all works like
normal.

However, this approach has a drawback: you have to edit web.xml with each
new struts module, or if you don't use the struts module functionality, you
have to edit the struts-config.xml file of the base module every time you
add a new module.

Furthermore, you can't (or at leas I couldn't) use includes: so you can't
use Tiles.

Hth

EJ

  _____