[opencms-dev] Can module export be done from the command line?

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Tue Apr 12 15:57:27 CEST 2005

> I can't see a command in the CmsShell to do a module export.
> The exportResources command can export all files, but does
> not write a manifest.xml
>
> Can exports be run - somehow - from the command line?

No, currently this is not possible, even though it would be pretty easy to
implement in class org.opencms.main.CmsShellCommands, like so:

    public void exportModule(String moduleName, String fileName) throws
Exception {

        CmsModule module = OpenCms.getModuleManager().getModule(moduleName);

        if (module == null) {
            throw new CmsException("Unknown module: " + moduleName);
        }

        String[] resources = new String[module.getResources().size()];
        System.arraycopy(module.getResources().toArray(), 0, resources, 0,
resources.length);

        // generate a module export handler
        CmsModuleImportExportHandler moduleExportHandler = new
CmsModuleImportExportHandler();
        moduleExportHandler.setFileName(fileName);
        moduleExportHandler.setAdditionalResources(resources);
        moduleExportHandler.setModuleName(module.getName().replace('\\',
'/'));
        moduleExportHandler.setDescription("Module export of " +
moduleExportHandler.getModuleName());

        // export the module
        OpenCms.getImportExportManager().exportData(m_cms,
moduleExportHandler, new CmsShellReport());
    }

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior