[opencms-dev] RV: Beta 2 - case-sensitiveness in MySQL 4

Mariano Barcia opencms at colaborativa.net
Thu Apr 14 01:49:39 CEST 2005

Dear all,

We have an OpenCMS (Beta 1) installation that is having trouble migrating from one MySQL server to another. We have dumped and
sourced the dabatase in another server, and then, we get this error on opencms startup:

[Code 400 - OpenCms init error]
Root cause was: org.opencms.main.CmsException: Database init failed [Code 33 - DriverManager init error]
Root cause was: org.opencms.main.CmsException: Critical error while initializing org.opencms.db.mysql.CmsUserDriver [Code 33 -
DriverManager init error]
Root cause was: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.opencms.db.CmsSqlException: [org.opencms.db.mysql.CmsUserDriver] where:
org.opencms.db.generic.CmsUserDriver.existsGroup(CmsUserDriver.java:380), why: java.sql.SQLException: General error message from
server: "Table 'kneobasecms.CMS_GROUPS' doesn't exist"query: com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement at 1c8f91e: SELECT * FROM CMS_GROUPS
WHERE GROUP_NAME='Administrators' [Code 301 - SQL Exception]
Root cause was: java.sql.SQLException: General error message from server: "Table 'kneobasecms.CMS_GROUPS' doesn't exist"

The table "CMS_GROUPS" does exist, but as "cms_groups".

Does OCMS v6 Beta 1 or Beta 2 behaves accordingly with case-sensitiveness in MySQL 4?

Thanks in advance.
--mariano