[opencms-dev] Problems running the setup wizard

Patrick Donker list at webpagina.nu
Fri Apr 15 01:27:04 CEST 2005

Frans Postma wrote:

>Trouble is the opencms (jdbc really) connects using a network, even to the local system. It seems your mysql database is either
>a) not configured for port 3306
>b) is configured to only accept local sockets
>c) localhost is not properly listed in /etc/hosts
>
>Note that the error doesn't appear to be an opencms specific error but rather a problem between the java database connector and
>your database. Which version of opencms do you use, which mysql version, on what platform, which webserver, which version of that
>??

Well, ok, I admit I was a bit scarce on the info. This is what I have
running:
Debian 3, Apache 2.0.49, Mysql 4.0.21, Tomcat 5.5.9, Opencms 6.0b2, Ant
1.6.2, jdk 5, jre 5....did I miss one?
I can telnet to mysql on 3306, localhost is properly defined as I can
connect to Tomcat localhost:8080 and mysql root at localhost.
Funny thing is though, that I restarted the whole lot and now I get a
different error, which is a HTTP Status 500, which points to a server
config error. I get this error on exactly the same moment as with the
other one; I enter userids, pwds, mysql stuff and database name. Problem
is that I am totally clueless on Java, so the error details dont say
mean much to me. Therefor I enclosed them:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.internalIntrospecthelper(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:359)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.introspecthelper(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:306)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.introspect(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:284)

org.apache.jsp.setup.database.mysql.step_005f4_005fdatabase_005fsetup_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.setup.database.mysql.step_005f4_005fdatabase_005fsetup_jsp:57)
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:322)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:291)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

root cause

    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.internalIntrospecthelper(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:355)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.introspecthelper(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:306)

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.introspect(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:284)

org.apache.jsp.setup.database.mysql.step_005f4_005fdatabase_005fsetup_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.setup.database.mysql.step_005f4_005fdatabase_005fsetup_jsp:57)
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:322)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:291)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

I have no idea on what this all means, hopefully any guru on the list
does. I could search the archive if only I knew what to look for ;)
I'm sure I did something wrong, but did everything by the book. The
individual packages on which cms run appear to be fully functional. I
have had Mambo cms running on this mysql/apache config, as well as
Interchange, so I figure that part works fine. Java/Tomcat/Opencms
seems to be quite a different cup of tea to configure.
Hints please?

-Patrick