[opencms-dev] Implementing workflow with OpenCms

Atul Sharma toatul.sharma at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 07:28:54 CEST 2005

We are developing a web site using OpenCms(version 5.0) and we want to
use workflow
concept in it.

We want to implement authorization cycle for content.
Our pages will be HTML and JSP pages. JSP pages will
be connecting to database as well. For e.g. one user
should be authorized to only "create and read pages"
(in a particular site/project within OpenCms).
Another user should be able to "approve the content"
created by the 1st user (optionally he should be able
to modify the pages as well). Similarly other users
can be previleged to do other authorization
activities. I tried defining some roles and users. But
could'nt get the concept clearly.

Can somebody please tell how we can implement workflow
with OpenCms ? If somebody could tell the exact
workflow capabilities of OpenCms, it will be helpful
to us (so we can design the features accordingly)..

There is not much documentation on net related to workflow
problem.

--
Regards:
Atul