[opencms-dev] task create error: invalid input syntax for type bigint (postgresql)

Antonio Core antonio at starsolutions.it
Sun Apr 17 13:06:09 CEST 2005

Hi Jack,

The error occurs due to the wrong type of 'COMENT' column.
Please, execute these commands on your pg database in order to resolve
that.

ALTER TABLE CMS_TASKLOG RENAME COLUMN COMENT TO COMENT_TMP;
ALTER TABLE CMS_TASKLOG ADD COLUMN COMENT text;
update CMS_TASKLOG set COMENT =COMENT_TMP;
commit;
Alter table CMS_TASKLOG DROP COLUMN COMENT_TMP;

I'm preparing the patches to be applied to OpenCms source code in order
to resolve that problem during installation time.
I'll post these asap.

I hope that will help you.

Ciao

Anto