[opencms-dev] opencms6 - logging in a webuser

bart vandendriessche bart at nascom.be
Tue Apr 19 11:19:36 CEST 2005

Hi Stephan, thanks for the reply.

Initially i did try to use the
org.opencms.file.CmsObject#loginWebUser(String, String) however, as soon
as i submit my form using the CmsObject, I get prompted for a username
and login for access to /opencms/opencms.
Code is as follows:

    //get the required OpenCms Object
    CmsJspActionElement cmsjsp  = new CmsJspActionElement(pageContext,
request, response);
    CmsObject cmso              = cmsjsp.getCmsObject();

    //variables to catch the parameters from the request
    String username             = "";
    String password             = "";
    String action               = request.getParameter("action");

    //catch the parameters if the user is trying to log in
    if ( "login".equals(action) ) {
        username                = request.getParameter("login");
        action                  = request.getParameter("password");

        //log in the user
        cmso.loginWebUser(username, password);
    }

This has got me well boggled :)