[opencms-dev] OpenCMS too much for purposes other than web publishing?

Menelaos Perdikeas mperdikeas at semantix.gr
Tue Apr 19 13:09:35 CEST 2005

Hello,

I was just wondering whether using OpenCMS for managing digital content
other than web sites would be like using a cannon to kill a fly. I need a
system to implement some rudimentary workflow procedures and to support the
translation procedure in an organization (to and from a number of languages)
so my people will be working with -for the most part text-only- digital
content in the form of word or pdf files and they would need stuff maybe
like annotating or semantically enriching a file with comments, metadata and
such but not for the purpose of publishing this collection of material to
the web. In short, would it make sense to use OpenCMS for content management
purposes other than web publishing or should I be looking for a simpler
solution (any hints?).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Regards,

Menelaos.