[opencms-dev] Replicating MySQL data - Migrating to new server

Paul D. Bain paulbain at pobox.com
Wed Apr 20 03:23:13 CEST 2005

Patrick Donker wrote:
> Chinya Harleston wrote:
>
>> ALL,
>> I am trying to replicate the OpenCMS data from MySQL on a Linux server
>> to another instance of MySQL on a Windows Server.  Does anyone know how
>> this can be done?

> Try making a backup with phpmyadmin and import it into the win version
> using the same tool. On http://www.phpmyadmin.net you can find all the
> nasty details

Patrick,

	IIRC, Alex Kandzior once said that DB backup and import does not always
work reliably with OpenCms, at least for the purpose of migrating
between servers. I do not recall the reason.

Chinya,

	See my email (to this list) sent on 17 December 2004, "Best way to
migrate opencms - See prior emails."

	The quick and easy way to make the migration would probably be to put
all of the data into an OpenCms (OC) module, export the module (which is
a single file), and then import the module into the second OC server.

-- Paul Bain