[opencms-dev] cannot open /opencms/opencms/index.jsp

Patrick Donker list at webpagina.nu
Thu Apr 21 12:27:54 CEST 2005

P-Y Foucou wrote:

> no.
> (and I don't have this directory)
>
> << After setup, webapps/opencms contains:
> <<  META-INF/
> <<  resources/
> <<  setup/
> <<  WEB-INF/
>

> Thomas Maerz wrote:
>
>> P-Y Foucou <foucou at systran.fr> writes:
>>

>>> trying to install opencms_6.0_beta_2.zip (linux, jdk1.5.0_01, pg)
>>> the setup process seems to go through smoothly, but at the end
>>> got Error 404: cannot open  /opencms/opencms/index.jsp
>>

>> Did you change the file "web.xml"?
>> Does /opencms/opencms/system/login/ work with Login Admin and
>> Password admin?

That is because, if you look at the error message, you see that you dont
have any write access to the directory. As far as my limited ocms/java
knowledge goes I make this up from the message. Looks like a OS problem,
not Opencms

17637:    org.opencms.security.CmsSecurityException: Denied access to
resource '/system/workplace/resources/ic_picgallery_in.gif', required
permissions are +w [Code 303 - No permissions to perform this operation]

-Patrick