[opencms-dev] (6b2) Multilanguage XML Selection

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Sat Apr 23 08:59:26 CEST 2005

Jorge

> 1. Is there any method to assign a localized id to the field
> names, that is

That's already possible, but in another way. You need to place a key with
the name of the element in the localization file. Templateone demo does this
for the articles, so check the code of this.

> 2. Is there any method to make the "Selection" widget depend
> on the selected language and not depend on the native browser
> language. If the content editor selects "Spanish" as the
> content language, he should select the content from a spanish
> option list.
> Another option is to include one language neutral "key" and a
> localized "value" so the selectio could be...
>
> ---blah blah---
> <default element="category"
> value="${key.category1}|${key.category2}|${key.category3}"/>
> ---blah blah---

The language neutral way is possible, and it should almost look exactly as
in your example. Hava a look at the examples that come with the b2
distribution (I'm not 100% sure if we did include an example for that in b2,
but b3 will certainly have one).

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior