[opencms-dev] Send mail with Opencms 6.0.2

Domenico De Seta domenico.deseta at tiscali.it
Mon Apr 25 12:37:34 CEST 2005

Hello all,
 I am trying to use the "Recommend Page" feature of templateone in
Opencms 6.0.2: in the form provided I filled up all the fields and then
clicked on the "send" button. After a few seconds the confirmation page
ending with "The recommendation has been successfully sent." message is
displayed. but nothing has really been sent!

I looked into the opencms-system.xml config file and I guess I have to
properly set the following lines:

<mail>

<mailfrom>nobody at nowhere.com</mailfrom>
                                   <mailhost name="my.smtp.server"
protocol="smtp" user="username" password="secure"/>
                                   <mailhost
name="alternative.smtp.server"/>
                                   <mailhost
name="another.alternative.smtp.server"/>
                        </mail>

My question is: what are the proper settings of the mail element
(mailfrom, mailhost)?

My Opencms is running on a Windows 2000 server with IIS 5.0 and Tomcat
4.1.

Domenico