[opencms-dev] how should multilanguage work

Marcus.Bjorke at alandsbanken.fi Marcus.Bjorke at alandsbanken.fi
Thu Apr 28 09:57:18 CEST 2005

Hi!
I'm on a project that just has started that needs multilanguage. We use
the OpenCms 6 beta 2 since that is recommended version to start with at
the moment.
We need to have the site in Swedish, Finnish and English. We have managed
to add theese languages to the WYSIWYG-editor language dropdown. But what
I have not yet figured out is how to create pages that uses the wanted
language. Oh I did get it work copy-pasting the same XML Controlcode (via
Edit controlcode) into the Controlcode of a new page named sv_page.html in
the same directory as the /sites/default/demopages/languagedemo/.
My guess is that I should use sibling instead but can't figure out how
siblings work. Can anyone explain what siblings are meant for? Is it only
for multilanguage?

The way we would like our url:s to look like is:
www.sitename.fi/sv/
www.sitename.fi/fi/
www.sitename.fi/en/

Regards