[opencms-dev] Date format problem while exporting database (Firefox user)

Joe Desbonnet jdesbonnet at gmail.com
Tue May 3 16:10:44 CEST 2005

I've seen mention of this problem before, but the suggested fix does
not work for me.

I'm trying to export the database from OpenCMS version 6b2 in order to
upgrade to 6b3.
I'm in the Admin -> Database management -> Export

The default value for the "Export only files changed after:" ie
"12-31-1970 12:00:00" causes the following Javascript alert to popup
on form submit:

"The date format you specified is invalid. Please use the following format:
mm-dd-yyyy hh:mm:ss (AM/PM)"

No dates in that format work (same error message).

I tried a fix suggested in an earlier post by Carsten Weinholz on 25
Mar 2003: ie
"January 1, 1970 00:00:00" but I get Javascript alert "invalid character: /".

All other guesses at the correct format result in one of the above two
error messages. Any work-arounds?

My environment:
Linux (Redhat Fedora Core 2)
JDK 1.4.2_08 from Sun