[opencms-dev] templateone left side nav menu?

Timothy Reaves treaves at silverfieldstech.com
Tue May 3 17:33:19 CEST 2005

>>      I have a site based on templateone.  I've resent the top menu to
>> show
>> menue's to a level of six.  This works fine.  However, the left side
>> navigation menu still only shows to a depth of three.  Where is the
>> left side nav depth set?
>
> Timothy,
>
> the depth of the left tree navigation is fixed to 3 levels. You could
> change it in the navigation bean, but for navigation paths deeper than 3
> levels a bread crumb navigation is shown above the content elements by
> default.

     Ya, I saw the bread crumb.  The problem with that approach is that if
someone clicks on a level three item on the left side, there is no
indication that there are deeper levels.  You'd have to put links to
them on the level three page for them to be navigable, unless the
user thinks to check the top nav menu.  So the working is
inconsistent.