[opencms-dev] Multilanguage How to config

Peter korn peterkorn at gmx.net
Wed May 4 12:51:30 CEST 2005

Hi,
thanks for your answer but I didnt change the language of the editor, i just
changed the language section (Element) of the page that i edit. I want to
edit the spanish version of the body element. The editor is still in german
language and works. But when i save the page i get an NullPointerException:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.opencms.xml.CmsXmlUtils.createXpath(CmsXmlUtils.java:138)
	at org.opencms.xml.A_CmsXmlDocument.hasValue(A_CmsXmlDocument.java:338)
	at
org.opencms.workplace.editors.CmsDefaultPageEditor.performSaveContent(CmsDefaultPageEditor.java:536)
	at
org.opencms.workplace.editors.CmsDefaultPageEditor.actionSave(CmsDefaultPageEditor.java:257)
	at
org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.offline.system.workplace.editors.htmlarea.editor_jsp._jspService(editor_jsp.java:82)
	at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:94)
	at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:324)
.
.
.
.

Hello,

The bug is in htmlarea localizations.
If you replace the files **.js  in
/system/workplace/resources/editors/htmlarea/lang/ by en.js it should work.
Then you can correct the bad localizations.
I made one for french I 'll put on opencms.org in a french translation of
workplace module when finished.

> Hi,
>
> i dont know if this is a bug:
>
> I configured OpenCms6 to Multilanguage. In the opencms-system.xml I added
> the locale for other languages:
>
> <localesconfigured>
>     <locale>en</locale>
>     <locale>de</locale>
>         <locale>fr</locale>
>         <locale>it</locale>
>         <locale>es</locale>
>         <locale>pt</locale>
>         <locale>zh</locale>
>         <locale>ja</locale>
> </localesconfigured>
>
> In the Editor I now get all the languages, but if i switch to another
> language than de or en I get an Exeption.
> In my opinion when a page is createt the defaultbody is createt in locale
de
> and en only. Is there another place to configure in witch locale the body
is
> copied? Or is it a bug?
>
> Another Question is when i have an Site with lots of content and want to
add
> another language then all the pages missing the new languagebody part.
> The easyest way would be if the editor creates missing languages in the
> body. Is something like this planed for the final release?
>
> thanks
>
> Peter

+++ Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS +++
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail