[opencms-dev] newbie question

vamsi dandu vamsi_dandu at rediffmail.com
Wed May 4 17:22:27 CEST 2005

Hi all,

This is the first time i am ever using opencms.
I was successful in installing and able to run it in firefox web browser.
I am using tomcat 5 and mysql 3.2 and java 1.4in linux environment.

I am evaluating and comparing the features of opencms with mediasurface.

I need to upload pictures,audio files,video file paths to opencms and be able to add metadata to each uploaded file.

1) I could upload pictures in admin view and would like to know any facility  to upload any other types of files?

2)how can i add metadata to the uploaded file?

3)Does anyone have access to the link which will compare opencms with mediasurface.

4)could you also provide me java api for opencms.

Thanx a lot dudes,

Regards
Varma Dandu.