[opencms-dev] beta 2 to beta 3 workspace upgrade

Tim Squires opencms at cheekymail.net
Mon May 9 09:50:29 CEST 2005

Hi,

I've been looking for docs on how to upgrade from 6 beta 2 to beta 3
without luck.  So I thought I'd bite the bullet and just replace the
opencms.war.

The problems started with the message

The version of workplace-templates and workplace-classes are different.
Please update one.

Workplace: 6.0 beta 2 Corrin
Classes: 6.0 beta 3 Corrin

So I restarted the setup wizard and imported the workplace but this gives me

CmsRoleViolationException: The user "Guest" does not have access to the
required "Property (definition) manager" role

( at CmsSetupWorkplaceImportThread.java:167 )

errors.  Lots of them.

Could anyone help?  I've backed up the beta 2 database so if there's a way
of importing my site from the backup on a fresh install of beta 3, please
tell.

Thanks,
Tim

dangerous content by OpenProtect(http://www.openprotect.com), and is