[opencms-dev] Visibility of the OpenCMS Object inside Struts Action

Maximiliano Basili matute.listas at gmail.com
Mon May 9 16:25:36 CEST 2005

org.opencms.main.OpenCms#initCmsObject("Guest"); ??

Do you mean:
CmsObject cmso = org.opencms.main.OpenCms.initCmsObject("Guest"); ??

But what about if I want to access with admin permissions??
After CmsObject creation I need to create resources but with "Guest",
I think it is not posible...
BTW thanks! for the answer I can keep reading in that way...
do you know how can I log-in with the Admin User or with other that
has permissions for create/update resources...

thanks again.

Matute

2005/5/3, Stephan Hartmann <hartmann at metamesh.de>:
> You can create your own CmsObject with
>
> org.opencms.main.OpenCms#initCmsObject("Guest");
>
> But you have to make sure that your OpenCms servlet has been started before.
>
> Regards,
> Stephan
>
> --
> Stephan Hartmann
>
> metamesh
>
> Lippstädter Str. 22
> 44143 Dortmund
>
> http://www.metamesh.de/
>
> Maximiliano Basili schrieb:
> > Hi all...
> >
> > I want to work with struts inisde opencms.
> > I have a Struts Action that has to create a resource so I need the
> > OpenCMS object,
> >
> > I want to know how can I access the opencms object inside that struts action,
> > I put some code that I test:
> >
> >       protected CmsObject getCmsObject(HttpServletRequest req)
> >                       throws ServletException {
> >               CmsFlexController controller = (CmsFlexController) req
> >                               .getAttribute(CmsFlexController.ATTRIBUTE_NAME);
> >
> >               if (controller == null) {
> >                       throw new ServletException(
> >                                       "OpenCmsStrutsAction could not obtain CmsObject! ATT_NAME ==> " +
> > CmsFlexController.ATTRIBUTE_NAME);
> >               } else
> >                       return controller.getCmsObject();
> >       }
> >

> > The controller is null I think because for this point I can't reach
> > the OpenCMS Servlet so I can't access to the VFS....
> >
> > Any suggestions will be appreciated...
> >
> > Thanks in advance!!
> >
> > Matute (Matías Basilico)

Tutek.