[opencms-dev] Where to place Class & jar files when using Applets in OpenCms 5.0?

Arthur Visser arthur.visser at student.groept.be
Mon May 9 17:48:48 CEST 2005

I have tried to use applets in OpenCms. I have used one in
an ordinary html page to check if the applet works, which it
does. I have subsequently tried to include it in my jsp
using absolute path for the code base and relative path.
When using the absolute path I get no errors but the applet
does not appear on the screen (just the white 'outline').

Using relative paths gives an error that the class / jar
files are not found and I get an error in my Java concole.

I also read somewhere that upload applet in version 5 does
not work from the root "/".

Can someone tell me where to put my class /jar files and how
to refer to them in the applet code in order to make this
work? Thanks!

Where can I find info/documentation on using applets in
OpenCms?

THIS CODE SEEMS TO WORK, BUT NOTHING ON SCREEN, just
outline:

<applet codebase="C:\Program
Files\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-5.0.18\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\c
lasses" code="VbarchartApplet.class"
archive="Vbarchart.jar" width="200" height="200">

<PARAM name="chartproperties" value="barprops.txt">

<PARAM name="chartdata" value="bardata.txt">

</applet></p>

USING RELATIVE PATH, THE CLASS FILE and JAR FILE is NOT
FOUND :

<applet codebase="../system/modules/classes"
code="VbarchartApplet.class"  archive="Vbarchart.jar"
width="300" height="300">

<PARAM name="chartproperties" value="barprops.txt">

<PARAM name="chartdata" value="bardata.txt">

</applet></p>

Arthur