[opencms-dev] ver 6b -- set up structured content

Xavier Ottolini xavier.ottolini at adelis.com
Tue May 10 12:15:58 CEST 2005

Hi,

I sent yesterday a message about the Xml content. There was an error. My
version is a beta 2, not an alpha.

I would actually know a little bit more about the default Structured
content. 5 contents are available when I click on the “New” button and I
select the "Structured content" option :
- Article,
- Widgetdemo
- Bookmark
- Email form
- Generic XML content.

I read a very interesting thread about this topic written by Alexander
Kandzior. But it is not already explained how to use the default
structured contents.
http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2004q4/013609.html

Are those structures contents available in OpenCms "system" , or are
they a included in the OpenCms 6 demo ?
Can we use those default contents in every project ? In that case, is it
possible to know which elements (Title, Teaser) are available for each
one ? Where are located the XML schemas ?

The tutorial tells that the first step is to create the Xml Schema. Does
that mean that there are no default structure content? Could you confirm
that it is always necessary to create a Xml Schema file and to add the
structured content in the default list?

As the structured content is a new feature of OpenCms, the are not many
messages about this topic in the mailing list. I hope that such
questions will be processed in a tutorial.

Best Regards,

--
Xavier Ottolini
Développeur multimédia